Monday, January 11, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading This Week?


This meme is hosted by J. Kaye at J. Kaye's Book Blog.

Books I completed this week are:

Emily of New Moon by L.M. Montgomery
The Empress of Florence by Salman Rushdie
In Summer Light by Zibby Oneal
The Saffron Kitchen by Yasmin Crowther
The Blue Star by Tony Earley
The Lonely Hearts Club by Elizabeth Eulberg

Bookmarks are still living in the middle of:

The Far Pavilions by M.M. Kaye
Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens
Luncheon of the Boating Party by Susan Vreeland
The Makioka Sisters by Junichiro Tanizake
The Glimpses of the Moon by Edith Wharton

Reviews posted this week:

Colter by Rick Bass
The Tea House on Mulberry Street by Sharon Owens

Books still needing to have reviews written (as opposed to the ones that are simply awaiting posting):

The Empress of Florence by Salman Rushdie
The Saffron Kitchen by Yasmin Crowther
The Blue Star by Tony Earley
The Lonely Hearts Club by Elizabeth Eulberg

18 comments:

  1. I really liked The Blue Star. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lot of books on your reading plate! Looks good. I'm curious about the Rushdie book & will be looking for your review of it! happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to look for The Glimpses of the Moon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can you read so many books at a time? LOL Hope you have a great week! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you manage to get so much accomplished each week. Well done! My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/01/what-are-you-reading-monday-11-january.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is a lot to read at once how do you keep track of them?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Lonely Hearts Club looks really cute. Can't wait to hear what you thought of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My best friend just finished Luncheon of the boating party not too long ago and recommended I read it as well. Can't wait to read your review on it !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoyed reading your review of Emily of New Moon. I remember how I loved the Anne books.

    great list - happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you have quite a selection of books you're working your way through! I can't read more than one book at a time or I end up getting confused - I have no idea how you manage to keep track of 6 at a time but it is an impressive skill lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great reading week! Plus, you posted two reviews...that's two more than me...lol! I need to get busy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great week, I see your reading hasn't slowed down while I've been away LOL
    thanks for your get well wishes too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! How do you get so much accomplished? So many good books!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this - "Bookmarks are still living in the middle of".

    Anyway, great week of reading. I hadn't heard of Emily of New Moon (Though I've read some of the Anne of Green Gable books). Sounds good...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am looking forward to your thoughts on The Lonely Hearts Club. I keep reading good things about it. You have some interesting books going, too. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My, you read a lot in only a week. I have a copy of Saffron Kitchen on my shelves I nee to get too. And I've wanted to read Luncheon of the Boating Party ever since i heard what it's about. I look forward to your thoughts on those two especially. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts