Thursday, January 7, 2010

Contemprary Romance Reading Challenge


When I read romance, it tends to be the historical variety. I love the whole world of lords and ladies. I would have been an insolent scullery maid back then and not the one who overcame all the obstacles to marry the lord of the manor, no, I'd be hitched to the stable boy or something so really it's the lure of the foreign with all that breeding and priviledge that intrigues me. That said, I thought I should try reading some contemporary romances and see if the world now can capture my imagination as well. Pearl's World of Romance is hosting the Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge and it looks to be just what I need to push me back into the 21st century. No paranormal, fantasy, or time-travel. Just straight contemporary romance. 10 between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31. That should be doable.

Although you don't have to list them in advance, I love to make lists so I did. Hopefully all my books are eligible (at least the backs don't mention anything that would disqualify them). Here it is:

1. Destiny Unleashed by Sherryl Woods
2. How to Tame a Modern Rogue by Diana Holquist
3. After the Rain by Karen White
4. Talk of the Town by Karen Hawkins
5. True Love and Other Disasters by Rachel Gibson
6. Baby Don’t Go by Susan Andersen
7. The Girl Most Likely To… by Susan Donovan
8. Romeo Romeo by Robin Kaye
9. Smart Girls Think Twice by Cathie Linz
10. Flirting With Temptation by Kelly St. John

2 comments:

  1. Have fun with all your challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing a lot of challenges! I've been reading more contemporary lately, namely Nora Roberts. I also really enjoyed Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James. Right now I'm sunk back in Julie Garwood's Regencies with Guardian Angel. It's been so long since I read these that it's all new to me again.

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts