Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Review: What's My Pee Telling Me by Josh Richman and Anish Sheth

I snickered when What's Your Poo Telling You appeared in my husband's Christmas stocking several years ago but when I picked it up and read it, I found it funny and informative and perfect for bathroom reading. When I saw that Richman and Sheth had a second book in the series, I knew the bathroom bookshelf had found another perfect inhabitant. The format of book number two, named for number one, is similar to the first book in that it is made up of short bits, small tidbits, and interesting side notes. There's not nearly as much on pee as there was on poo so instead of being focused entirely on pee, there are sections on poo (new info) and farts as well. I may be too much of a twelve year old boy but I don't typically find pee as funny as poo (a phenomenon the authors acknowledge) and I truly laughed fewer times than during the first book. In fact, I don't think I laughed until I hit the fart section, which says a lot more about my maturity level than anything else, I suspect. Although if pressed I'd choose the first book over this one, What's My Pee Telling Me? still had some interesting facts (do you know the two smells that urine can have and why or why men have such poor aim in the bathroom?) and makes for informative reading when you are perched on the throne.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts