Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Review: Willie Nelson: A Graphic History by T. J. Kirsch

Willie Nelson is one of the most recognizable names and faces (or perhaps I should say braids) in all of country music. This graphic history illustrates the major pieces of his life, his music, his family, his marriages and divorces, the highs and the lows so far. It gives readers visuals for some of the inspiration behind his hits as well as a glimpse into what has made the man. Each of the seven chapters is illustrated by a different comic artist so the book has a multitude of styles to it. This can cause a lack of continuity and some confusion visually, especially when certain people instrumental in Nelson's life are drawn so very differently. The written biography is fairly superficial and simple so many fans will already know the outline of the information here. Nelson is undoubtedly a legendary singer songwriter so although basic, this is a decent and creatively done introduction to the man behind the music.

1 comment:

  1. I was never much of a country music fan. I did like a few singers/bands, but when my husband wanted to go to a Willie Nelson concert, it changed my mind. It was one of the best concerts I've ever been to and I've been to a lot. I think I'd enjoy this book.

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts