Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Book List Meme


Rebecca of Lost in Books has come up with a new meme that hits on one of my very favorite things in the whole world: lists. Here's what she says about it:

There is a different topic each week, which will be posted here.

You write a post on your own blog about the topic.

The post will be a list of 3 books pertaining to the topic. So, for example, if the topic were, say, 3 Books That Make You Want to Go Shopping, you would write a list of 3 books that when you read them made you want to max out your credit card. I have no idea what those books would be, but you get the picture.

You may include photos with your lists, especially if that helps illustrate your point.

You link back to the week's post here on Lost in Books in your post so if someone else wants to play, they can find their way here.

Then you come here and leave your link in the Mr. Linky so other people can find your post and your list!


This week the challenge is to list three fiction worlds you'd like to hang out in. In cruising my shelves, I found:

1. Thursday Next's world (in or out of the Well of Lost Plots) in the series by Jasper Fforde that starts with the Eyre Affair. Too darn cool for school.

2. The Canadian wilderness of Mrs. Mike by Benedict and Nancy Freedman is on the list because it so captured my childish imagination when I found it on my grandparents' shelves and read it obsessively over and over again, weeping heartily each time. (And no, I am too much of a wimp to really live in that world now but I was a hearty child.)

3. The imagined Barchester of Angela Thirkell's prolific series that starts with High Rising. How could you not want to spend time with the delightful characters Thirkell created, especially when they are snarky!

I had to try really hard not to use the wizarding world in Harry Potter or the Regency time of Pride and Prejudice although they would probably make a tops list if I was being honest.

4 comments:

  1. LOL I didn't really think about it when I made my list, but HP made my #1 spot. :) It's the first thing I thought of (who wouldn't love to go to Hogwarts?).

    I haven't read any of these books! But I do have one of the Thursday Next books on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Katy, I have not read any of these books but when people want to hang out in the world created in a book, I know it must be a special book!

    Thanks for participating, Kristen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, how could I not have thought of The Eyre Affair? I want to go to the Rocky-Horror Style Richard III performance so bad!

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts