Saturday, January 2, 2010

Young Adult Reading Challenge

I tucked the Young Adult Reading Challenge into the "should join bucket" because I figured it would inspire me to read along with my two older kiddos, both their school reading and their leisure reading. Of course, I've made an entire list already and it doesn't take into account any of their reading for this year. So, as per usual, the list will probably change substantially as the months go on. I'm going to commit to the mini level since YA is not a genre I dip into all that frequently and I don't want to burn out on it right from the get go. Here are the guidelines for the challenge:

1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate.

2. There are four levels:

--The Mini YA Reading Challenge – Read 12 Young Adult novels.

--Just My Size YA Reading Challenge – Read 25 Young Adult novels.

--Stepping It Up YA Reading Challenge – Read 50 Young Adult novels.

--Super Size Me YA Reading Challenge – Read 75 Young Adult novels.

3. Audio, eBooks, re-reads all count.

4. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.

5. Challenge begins January 1st thru December, 2010.

And here's my list as of this moment (several of which were on the list last year and didn't get read):

1. The Second Summer of the Sisterhood by Ann Brashares
2. Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty
3. Thwonk by Joan Bauer
4. Gossip Girl by Cecily von Ziegesar
5. Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers by Louise Rennison
6. Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
7. Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen
8. South Beach Sizzle by Suzanne Weyn & Diana Gonzalez
9. Dancing in Red Shoes Will Kill You by Dorian Cirrone
10. The Gravedigger’s Cottage by Chris Lynch
11. The Great Blue Yonder by Alex Shearer
12. Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers by Louise Rennison

3 comments:

  1. Umm 5 & 12 seem awfully similar :)

    You go girl though on these challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could I get away with saying I'm reading the British copy and the American copy? Apparently one shouldn't make lists when one is totally braindead! I'll change #12 to The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are joining in this reading challenge! I just love YA novels.

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts