Saturday, January 30, 2010

Saturday Shout-Out


On my travels through the blogging world, I find many books that pique my interest. I always add them to my wish list immediately but I tend to forget who deserves the blame credit for inspiring me to add them to my list (and to whom my husband would like to send the bill when I get around to actually buying them). So each Saturday I'm going to try and keep better track, link to my fellow book ferreter-outers (I know, not a word but useful nonetheless), and hopefully add to some of your wish lists too. This week my list is appallingly long as I've been making my way through my backlogged and dorwning Google Reader.

The Willoughbys by Lois Lowry was mentioned at Necromancy Never Pays.

House of Cards by David Ellis Dickerson was mentioned at books, the universe, and everything.

Breaking Out of Bedlam by Leslie Larson was mentioned at Book End Babes.

Dream Girl by Lauren Mechling was mentioned at Devourer of Books.

One Day by David Nicholls was mentioned at Lous_Pages.

The Pleasure Seekers by Tishani Doshi was mentioned at Lost in Books.

The Pedant in the Kitchen by Julian Barnes was mentioned at Five Borough Book Reviews.

A Sister's Gift by Giselle Green was mentioned at Julie Cohen.

Enthusiasm by Polly Shulman was mentioned at write meg.

Before I Forget by Melissa Hill was mentioned at S. Krishna's Books.

How Clarissa Burden Learned to Fly by Connie May Fowler was mentioned at The Book Case.

The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender was mentioned at The Book Case.

What goodies have you added to your wish lists recently? Make your own list and leave a comment here so we can all see who has been a terrible influence inspiring you lately.

3 comments:

  1. I recently bought Before I Forget based on S. Krishna's review. I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These do look good, and I really like the title of The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake.

    I have a question for you on my blog (in the comments) if you get a chance ... http://starkravingbibliophile.blogspot.com/2010/01/book-review-65-nine-parts-of-desire-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked up The Willoughbys while I was waiting for my kids to finish their library program and found it totally hilarious. Great read.

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts