Are you familiar with The Debutante Ball? If you aren't, you should be. It's a great and entertaining blog written in turns by a bunch of writers whose debuts will be published this year (the debs change yearly to continue to reflect this). They write about all sorts of things and it's a great way to see if you enjoy their writing style (you will).
I've been reading the blog for a while now and so when I saw that Jen and Swapna had devised two challenges based on the debs and their books, I knew I had to do it. The Debutante Ball 2010 Reading Challenge has two distinct challenges to it. The first, hosted by Jen of Devourer of Books, is to read all the books by the five 2010 debs. You can join at the 1, 3, 0r 5 book level. The second, hosted by Swapna of S. Krishna's Books, is to read books by past debs. This list is much longer and you can join at the 2, 4, 6, or 8 book level.
I will, of course, be signing up for both challenges. I'm not sure what level I'll be signing up on either one (although likely the highest level as I tend to find that the debs' books easily run to my taste. Here's what I've found just on my bookshelves to qualify for the challenges:
Current debs: (1, 3, or 5)
* not yet released Restoring Harmony by Joelle Anthony, All Come Home by Alicia Bessette, 101 Ways to Torture Your Husband by Marcia Garcia-Kalb, The Opposite of Me by Sarah Pekkanen, The Whole World by Emily Winslow
Previous debs: (2, 4, 6, or 8)
1. Good Things by Mia King
2. The Little Giant of Aberdeen County by Tiffany Baker
3. Fifteen Minutes of Shame by Lisa Daily
4. Sleeping With Ward Cleaver by Jenny Gardiner
5. Real Life and Liars by Kristina Riggle
6. Driving Sideways by Jess Riley
7. Sweet Life by Mia King
8. Unpredictable by Eileen Cook