Monday, January 4, 2010

Monday Mailbox

Between a few goodies waiting for me at home when we got back from our Christmas travels and a book I had sent to meet me at my parents, the mailbox stayed happy and full. Add to that my Christmas haul and I have an embarrassing amount of new books, which is always a good thing. Good thing this meme only requires me to admit those that came in the post! This past week's mailbox arrivals:

The Little Giant of Aberdeen County by Tiffany Baker came from Valerie at Hachette Book Group.
I have heard fantastic things about this one so am tickled pink to have a review copy of my own. Somehow it calls to mind Elizabeth McCracken's The Giant's House about another character with a malfunctioning pituitary gland.

The Summer We Fell Apart by Robin Antalek came from the publisher for a book tour through TLC Book Tours. A family learning to be a family together despite their craziness and dysfunctions sounds promising to me after all, per Tolstoy's dictum, that should make this a unique read, right?

As always, if you'd like to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit Marcia at The Printed Page and enjoy seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

9 comments:

  1. Both of your books look good. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good books. I like books about dysfunctional people/families.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both books look great! I've heard wonderful things about the Little Giant too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both books look good. I have read many great reviews for the Little Giant! Enjoy both books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read either of these yet, but they sure look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you got some great books. happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy all the books, even the ones not listed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really liked Little Giant. Hope you do, too.

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts