Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday Mailbox

The sick kid had a relapse but I was so stir crazy by then that I started haunting the mailbox and stalking the mail person looking for goodies. OK, I wasn't really stalking the mail truck (our mail person drives a Jeep anyway) but I was desperate for goodies to look forward to. And the USPS (and publishers and publicists) delivered. This past week's mailbox arrivals:

Seeing Stars by Diane Hammond came from the publisher for a book tour through TLC Book Tours.
A mother who lets her child follow her starstruck dreams to Hollywood, where neither of them are prepared for the life that that entails, this one sounds really delicious.

Love in Mid Air by Kim Wright came from Miriam at Hatchette Book Group for a book tour.
An account of marriage and friendship and the dragging sameness of daily life, I'm very curious to see the ways in which this book earned a glowing review from Publishers Weekly.

Not Quite Paradise by Adele Barker came from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
An American in Sri Lanka for a year and a half in addition to information on the politics and the 2004 tsunami? Sounds like a fascinating and informative combination to me.

As always, if you'd like to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit Marcia at The Printed Page and enjoy seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

5 comments:

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts