Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Still learning

How long have I been running now? Almost two years? You'd think I'd have learned all there is to know about myself and running already, wouldn't you? Apparently not. I had to really force myself out on my run today and instead of taking a tried and true route, I cooked one up around the neighborhood. But I'm clearly no judge of distance because the route was *very* short and necessitated me running past my house, not once, but twice, in order to even manage two miles (which is not nearly as far as I planned to go). Here's what I learned about myself during this run: never, ever, ever plan a route that goes past the house because I will see it and declare myself done, finished, kapluey. Yup, I unlaced the ole running shoes after a mere 2 miles. This can't be allowed to happen again if I think there's any chance I plan to run that half marathon on my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts