Monday, September 13, 2021

Monday Mailbox

This past week's mailbox arrivals:

Honor by Thrity Umrigar came from Algonquin Books.

Thrity Umrigar is an amazing author so I can't wait to read this double stranded love story. This promises to be both a look at the Hindu and Muslim cultures in India and what it means to be an American of Indian origin and should be so, so good.

The Secret History of Food by Matt Siegel came from me for me.

A book about the "origins of everything we eat," this hits a lot of my reading catnip: food, origin stories, and quirky facts. Look out because I will have even more to bore people with at dinner parties when I'm finished with this one!

Mercy Road by Ann Howard Creel came from me for me.

I have long been fascinated by the stories of the women ambulance drivers in WWI so this novel about one woman who takes on this dangerous job, the childhood soldier friend she reunites with, and an army captain with a dark secret looks really appealing.

If you want to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit Mailbox Monday and have fun seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts