Monday, January 7, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

I still have a lot of stuff to put away from Christmas and a host of things on the to-do list but reading and reviewing turns out to be a reasonable stalling technique.  Then again, so does getting sick and wanting to do nothing more than sleep.  This meme is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

Books I completed this past week are:

Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K. Jerome
Parlor Games by Maryka Biaggio

Bookmarks are still living in the middle of:

On the Map by Simon Garfield
The Link by Colin Tudge

Reviews posted this week:

His Mistress by Christmas by Victoria Alexander
Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K. Jerome
Parlor Games by Maryka Biaggio
I Want to Kill the Dog by Richard Cohen
The Lighthouse Road by Peter Geye

Books still needing to have reviews written (as opposed to the ones that are simply awaiting posting):

2012

Happily Ever Madder by Stephanie McAfee
Rules of Civility by Amor Towles
I Married You For Love by Lily Tuck
The Book of Neil by Frank Turner Hollon
How to Tame a Willful Wife by Christy English
The Crying Tree by Naseem Rakha
Saturday Night Widows by Becky Aikman
Yours Affectionately, Jane Austen by Sally Smith O'Rourke
Vanity Fare by Megan Caldwell
A Different Kind of Normal by Cathy Lamb
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
The Missing Manuscript of Jane Austen by Syrie James

2013

nothing as of right now

8 comments:

  1. I agree - reading & blogging are such effective stalling techniques :-)

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading on Three Men in a Boat for years. I would probably need to start over. Now I'm off to read your review and see if I should bother....

    Here’s my It's Monday! What Are You Reading? I hope you will stop by! And Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of books to have to post reviews for. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you were sick! I hope you feel better soon, and have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently read Parlor Games, haven't reviewed it yet though. I really REALLY liked On the Map, I hope you're enjoying it!

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am looking forward to your reviews on The Rules of Civility and The Crying Tree. These are two that I have been wanting to read. I hope you enjoy your week!
    Rebecca @ The Key to the Gate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you're feeling better soon and woohoo that review list is getting shorter and shorter ... well done! Happy reading and resting :)

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts