Sunday, September 27, 2020

Monday Mailbox

This past week's mailbox arrivals:

A Man of Some Repute by Edmondson came from me for myself.

An Earl missing for seven years, a skeleton unccovered under the chapel flagstones, and an intelligence officer and the Earl's niece partnering up to uncover the truth, this sounds like a good Halloween read for the cowardly among us (aka me).

Refining Felicity by M.C. Beaton came from me from myself.

Beaton is just an easy, lighthearted delight and so I am looking forward to this first in The School for Manners series about a terribly spoiled brat who must be married off.

Animating Maria by M.C. Beaton came from me from myself.

Another in The School for Manners series, this one has not a bratty young woman but insufferable parents and should also be a fun escape.

A Very British Christmas by Rhodri Marsden came from me from myself.

Yeah, I'm an unapologetic Anglophile so this looks like an entertaining look at British culture around the holidays.

The Unexpected Love Objects of Dunya Noor by Rana Haddad came from me from myself.

Two Syrian immigrants fall in love and decide to return to Syria together, a decision that will change their lives. Such an intriguing premise, I look forward to this one for sure.

Blue Summer by Jim Nichols came from me from myself.

I had this in e-book format but I can't stand e-books so I got it in paperback.

If you want to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit Mailbox Monday and have fun seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts