Monday, November 4, 2019

Monday Mailbox

This past week's mailbox arrivals:

The Canterville Ghost by Oscar Wilde came from me for myself.

I am too cowardly to read really scary stuff but I thought I would honor Halloween with this gently entertaining, short ghost story.

The Lion Tamer Who Lost by Louise Beech came from me for myself.

A love story that ranges from a lion reserve in Zimbabwe to England, this has some pretty glowing comps that really intrigue me.

Murder at Archly Manor by Sara Rosett came from me for myself.

I do so love this cover! Plus, it's about a high society murder in the 1920s and features a female detective. Yes please!

The Particular Charm of Miss Jane Austen by Ada Bright and Cass Grafton came from me for myself.

I love Jane Austen books, those she's written, those others have written, and those incorporating her as a character, and I am excited to read this one about what happens if Jane Austen never published her novels and the modern day Austen fan who tries to help remedy this dire situation.

If you want to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit Mailbox Monday and have fun seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts