Monday, December 10, 2018

Monday Mailbox

Apparently I had a book on back order that just arrived. Who knew? What a delightful surprise though!  And a few other wonderful surprises arrived too.  This past week's mailbox arrivals:

Squirrel Pie by Elisabeth Luard came from me for myself.
A food memoir about food around the world? Serve that right up for me! Now I just need someone to cook the recipes. :-)

Tiny Americans by Devin Murphy came from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I enjoy books that follow one family for decades so I am really looking forward to this one about an alcoholic father and the three children he left behind with whom he now must try to reconnect.

Stay With Me by Ayobami Adebayo came from a friend for a book exchange.
This one has all the accolades. About a Nigerian couple facing infertility and polygamy, it sounds like it deserves them all too.

The Storyteller's Secret by Sejal Badani came from a friend for a book exchange.
After a woman loses her pregnancy and her marriage unravels, she heads to India to learn her family's history. I can't wait!

Mutts and Mistletoe by Natalie Cox came from a friend for a book exchange.
A seasonal book centered on dogs? How much more perfect can you get?

If you want to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit Mailbox Monday and have fun seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts