Monday, February 24, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

This past week was a difficult one. I wasn't doing much reading at all for whatever reason. And then my grandmother died. And I couldn't do anything but read because it kept me from having to think about the new and permanent hole in my life. It does seem however, as if every book I picked up to read this week (and even the ones that came in the mail) all had death in them to a greater or lesser extent. Not fair. Not fair at all. This meme is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

Books I completed this past week are:

Fallen Beauty by Erika Robuck
The House of Memories by Monica McInerney
Eyestone by D. R. MacDonald
Mister Owita's Guide to Gardening by Carol Wall
The Pleasures of Autumn by Evie Hunter

Bookmarks are still living in the middle of:

Quiet by Susan Cain
Clever Girl by Tessa Hadley

Reviews posted this week:

The Taste of Apple Seeds by Katharina Hagena
Under the Wide and Starry Sky by Nancy Horan
Fallen Beauty by Erika Robuck

Books still needing to have reviews written (as opposed to the ones that are simply awaiting posting):

Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
The House of Memories by Monica McInerney
Eyestone by Dr. R. MacDonald
Mister Owita's Guide to Gardening by Carol Wall
The Pleasures of Autumn by Evie Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts