Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday Mailbox

A multiple book week. I think of these as the universe's way to reward me for sticking it out with Doctor Zhivago. This past week's mailbox arrival:

Other Waters by Eleni Gage came from St. Martin's Press.
Just the cover of this one makes me swoon. But the story, the story! Its premise grabs me too: an ancient curse sends Maya from her happy Manhattan life back to India.

The Pioneer Woman by Ree Drummond came from Willim Morrow for a book tour.
Ree Drummond sure can cook. I'm looking forward to reading about how she went from city girl to cow girl who cooks.

Walter's Muse by Jean Davies Okimoto came from Endicott and Hugh Books for a book tour.
Another cover that makes me swoon; be still my water-loving heart. And count me in for anything set on an island!

As always, if you'd like to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit At Home With Books as she is hosting this month's Mailbox Monday and have fun seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

5 comments:

  1. I am loving the water theme you have going on here! I hope they are all great reads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome mailbox you had! Love Love Love the covers of Other Waters and Walter's Muse!! I'm a fan of The Pioneer Lady, so that book looks interesting too!
    Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A nice mailbox, I've read Pioneer Woman and enjoyed it a lot.

      http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/01/mailbox-monday_30.html

      Delete
  3. A couple of the PW's recipes are favorites at my house! Enjoy your new books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bookish rewards are the best kind!

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts