Monday, June 6, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

I was trapped at the middle school all week running the book fair. If you think this left me any time for reading, sadly you would be incorrect. I spent more time straightening messes made by apathetic and attitudinal teenagers and counting the paltry sums we made than I did reading. And given that the school blocks so many websites, I couldn't write reviews to post either. Can you see me now at the bottom of the reading/reviewing hole I keep digging deeper and deeper? This meme is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

Books I completed this week are:

The Paperbark Shoe by Goldie Goldbloom
Someone Will Be With You Shortly by Lisa Kogan
The Art of Saying Goodbye by Ellyn Bache

Bookmarks are still living in the middle of:

Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens
The Vagabond by Colette
Let the Great World Spin by Colm McCann
Next by James Hynes
When the Killing's Done by T.C. Boyle

Reviews posted this week:

When We Danced on Water by Evan Fallenberg

Books still needing to have reviews written (as opposed to the ones that are simply awaiting posting):

The Revenge of the Radioactive Lady by Elizabeth Stuckey-French
Strange Relation by Rachel Hadas
Slow Love by Dominique Browning
West of Here by Jonathan Evison
Made For You and Me by Caitlin Shetterly
You Know When the Men Are Gone by Siobhan Fallon
The Silver Boat by Luanne Rice
Twelve by Twelve by William Powers
Amaryllis in Blueberry by Christina Meldrum
The Wedding Cake War by Lynna Banning
Dance Lessons by Aine Greaney
Blood, Bones, and Butter by Gabrielle Hamilton
The Paperbark Shoe by Goldie Goldbloom
Someone Will Be With You Shortly by Lisa Kogan
The Art of Saying Goodbye by Ellyn Bache

1 comment:

  1. At least you HAD a book fair. As far as I can tell, our middle school doesn't. And my son usually lives in the library, where he can avoid all the other students.

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts