Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Fall Into Reading Challenge


Callapidder created a no stress, laid-back sort of reading challenge that each person tailors to his or her own reading habits. My list of books constantly evolved in the days leading up to the challenge as I decided I wanted to commit to finishing the books I'd already started. Some of them fell off the list before the challenge opened because I finished them ahead of time. But as of Sept. 23, the list was finalized:

Middlemarch by George Eliot
Riding the Bus With My Sister by Rachel Simon
The Girls by Lori Lansens
Marley and Me by John Grogan
My Home Is Far Away by Dawn Powell

As of right now, I've finished all but Middlemarch and I am beginning to wonder if I will ever finish it. I like it well enough but it just isn't grabbing me in that visceral can't put it down sort of way so I keep putting it down. I know this is the kiss of death for many people but I am one of the obsessive who finishes everything I start and this book won't be the one that makes me change my policy (that book was Paradise Lost but that's a whole 'nother rant). Here's hoping I get through another 650+ pages before Dec. 21!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts