Monday, March 4, 2019

Monday Mailbox

This past week's mailbox arrivals:

Things You Save in a Fire by Katherine Center came from St. Martin's Press.

A female firefighter has to move from Texas to Boston to help out her sick and estranged mother and finds the change of culture rough, fighting to be accepted at her new firehouse and resisting falling for one of her coworkers. Sounds really good, right?!

Normal People by Sally Rooney came from me for myself.

Boy meets girl, communication problems, Costa Novel winner, Man Booker longlisted, and on and on. How could I not want to read this? Answer: impossible. Of course I want to.

The Rose and the Yew Tree by Agatha Christie came from me for myself.

The queen of crime fiction wrote about crimes of the heart? Well, I am all in on this love triangle novel.

Barracombe's by Susan Scarlett came from me for myself.

This is one of Noel Streatfeild's (best known in this country for her kid's books like Ballet Shoes, etc.) adult novels and I can't wait to read this pre-WWII romance about a nasty cousin who comes to stay and disrupt the lives of her happy extended family.

The Road to the Harbour by Susan Pleydell came from me for myself.

A Greyladies book set in a fishing village, this story of a young woman who goes back to where she was last happy looking to heal and forget the recent past after the scandal of her brother's treasonous actions only to have the past catch up with her looks fantastic.

If you want to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit Mailbox Monday and have fun seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts