Sunday, December 27, 2020

Monday Mailbox

This past week's mailbox arrivals:

The Pull of the Stars by Emma Donoghue came from my friend Amy.

I've really liked the other Donoghue books I've read so I'm sure I'll be gripped by this story of three women working in a maternity ward in Ireland in the midst of the 1918 Flu Pandemic.

Lovely War by Julie Berry came from my friend Amy.

Mix the gods and goddesses with mortals and World Wars I and II and you have an intriguing premise for sure, right?

The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab came from my friend Amy.

A modern day Dr. Faustus with the added twist that everyone Addie LaRue is forgotten by everyone she meets in her unnaturally long life, this is a big buzz book and I'm looking forward to seeing how I feel about it.

Fifty Words for Rain by Asha Lemmie came from my friend Ida.

The story of a young girl, duaghter of a married Japanese woman and an African American GI, who is locked in her aristocratic grandparents' attic to hide her from the world and what happens when her older half brother helps her see a world that does have a place for her, this looks fascinating.

The Thursday Murder Club by Richard Osman came from my friend Katie.

How can you resist a mystery that is being called "fun" and has septuagenarian sleuths from a retirement village? I mean, I guess it's clear I can't!

This Time Next Year by Sophie Cousens came from my friend Nikki.

Two babies born minutes apart on New Year's Day, one of whom seems charmed and the other missed out (on being the first baby born in the New Year and on the charmed thing), and what happens when they meet at a party on the eve of their thirtieth birthdays. What a cute idea for a love story, right?!

The Break Up by Tilly Tennant came from my friend Beth.

Cat sharing as a means to a meet cute? Delightful!

The Unlikely Escape of Uriah Heep by H.G. Parry came from my friend Beth.

If I had a super power, I might want it to be like the main character in this one, who can bring book characters to real life. It sounds phenomenal, right?

If you want to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit Mailbox Monday and have fun seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts