Friday, July 10, 2009

Young Adult Book Challenge


In my own inimitable fashion, I read about this Young Adult Book Challenge way back in January on J. Kaye's Book Blog and decided on the spot to participate. I also decided that I'd put off signing up officially until some later date which seemed doomed never to come. But stumbling on it again just recently, I was reminded that not only can I sign up at any time (no time like the present!), I can actually count the books I had already been reading towards an unofficial completion. WooHoo! So in order to make certain that I don't wait another 7 months to sign up, in which case I would have missed the challenge entirely, I am signing up now.

Here are the rules to participate:
1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate.

2. Read 12 Young Adult novels. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.

3. Challenge begins January thru December, 2009.

4. You can join anytime between now and December 31, 2009.

And even though I don't have to offer up a list, because I am an over-achiever, albeit a late one, here's my probable list:

1. Twilight by Stephanie Meyers
2. Mates, Dates, and Inflatable Bras by Cathy Hopkins
3. Slam by Nick Hornby
4. 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
5. The Secret Blog of Raisin Rodriguez by Judy Goldschmidt
6. The Second Summer of the Sisterhood by Ann Brashares
7. Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty
8. Thwonk by Joan Bauer
9. That Summer by Sarah Dessen
10. This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen
11. Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen
12. The Alphabetical Hook-Up List A-J by Phoebe McPhee

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the YA Reading Challenge too! :) I need to read a book by Sarah Dessen! I have heard so many great things about her writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're making great progress!

    I, too, am participating in this challenge and imagine (once I get my reviews written) I'll be pretty close to complete this month.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts