Monday, June 22, 2009

And another one bites the dust


It is getting rather costly having a certain houseguest here. The latest casualty since the-one-to-remain-nameless took the finish off the toilet seat trying to clean it up: the toaster oven. It had a long and distinguished run (was a wedding present after all) but it was no match for our well-meaning but slightly scattered house guest. After all, heating things up and toasting them is what it was intended to do, correct? And unless we anthropomorphize it, a toaster oven cannot be expected to realize when a plastic plate is mistakenly slid into its maw. Besides, the plate clearly bore the cinnamon raisin bread that needed to be toasted. I just hope the happy home-wrecker didn't eat the toast after annihilating the toaster and the plate. Ahhhhh, the smell of melted plastic in the morn. ::sigh::

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! That is one aroma I could do without. Good luck with your houseguest, Kristen! Looks like you have your hands full.

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts