Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Holiday Reading Challenge and Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge

Because I'm always enticed by holiday reading this time of year (not that I ever manage to get through it of course), I am joining two different challenges to see if I can maybe accomplish some snowy, winter, Christmas-y books this year.

First is the Holiday Reading Challenge being hosted by All About N. Nely's rules on this one, which has already started:

1- Challenge will start Monday, November 15 and will end Friday, December 31.

2- You can read anywhere from 1 to 5 books for the challenge and, of course, if you're like me, you are more than welcome to surpass that number.

3- And now, here's the clincher... they must be holiday related books. That's right, the holiday doesn't really matter, but it would be more "jolly" if your choices were Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, etc.

4- The size of the book does not matter, nor does the genre. It is also okay for the book to overlap with other challenges. The only thing I ask is that they are not children's books. YA is okay. And so are re-reads. I for one tend to read the same books every Christmas - they are tradition.

5- To sign up - leave a link back to your challenge post. There will also be a post for review links as well as one for challenge wrap-ups.

6- And.... there will be goodies. That's right, we'll call them presents. At the end of every week that the challenge is running I will choose one winner from the review links. Meaning the more books you read, review and link up, the more chances you have at winning a "present".

The second one is the Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge over at The Christmas Spirit blog. Here's how this one works:

Challenge will run from Friday, November 26, 2010 (Black Friday) through January 6, 2010 (Twelfth Night or Epiphany).

Cross overs with other challenges is totally permitted AND encouraged!

These must be Christmas novels, books about Christmas lore or a book of Christmas short stories (sorry, no children's books, but YA novels are okay).

Visit this POST for a list of new Christmas books for 2010.

Levels:
--Candy Cane: read 1 book
--Mistletoe: read 2-4 books
--Christmas Tree: read 5 or 6 books (this is the fanatic level...LOL!)

My list of potentials looks like this at the moment:

The Last Noel by Michael Malone
Shop 'til Yule Drop by Alesia Holliday, Naomi Neale, and Stephanie Rowe
My Wicked Marquess by Constance Hall
An Irish COuntry Christmas by Patrick Taylor
Mr. Ives' Christmas by Oscar Hijuelos

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining the challenge Kristen. I look forward to your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Mr. Ives' Christmas!!
    It is such a touching, affecting novel. Hope you enjoy it and good luck on your challenges :)

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts