Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday Mailbox

I have been trying to be very cognizant of all the unread advanced copies I still have gracing my shelves and not ask for too many more. But sometimes I just can't help myself and then when that one that I just couldn't pass up arrives in the mailbox, I am giddy with excitement as I was with the below. This past week's mailbox arrival:

Blood, Bones, and Butter by Gabrielle Hamilton came from Random House.
In some of my crazier moments, I think I'd like to go to Culinary School and become a chef. After all, I love food and I enjoy cooking. Then I remember I love reading about chefs and cooking far more than I really want to be immersed in the actual hectic restaurant world. So books like this memoir of "The Inadvertant Education of a Reluctant Chef" return me to sanity and provide great reading. I'm tickled to be able to add this one to my shelf and can't wait to read it.

As always, if you'd like to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit Julie of Knitting and Sundries as she is hosting this month's Mailbox Monday and Kristi at The Story Siren who hosts In My Mailbox and enjoy seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

8 comments:

  1. This is the first I've heard of this. I'll have to take a peek on Amazon. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what you think of this book. I saw it the other day and couldn't make my mind up about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book really intrigues me each time I see it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby is a great cook too and I thought of him as soon as I saw this one. Can't wait to hear what you think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this: "Then I remember I love reading about chefs and cooking far more than I really want to be immersed in the actual hectic restaurant world."

    That would definitely fit for me as well! Enjoy the read!

    Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts