Monday, November 22, 2010

Monday Mailbox

IA couple of surprises graced the mailbox this week. I'd forgotten these were ever possibly going to be coming my way so it was great fun to open their packages. This past week's mailbox arrival:

The Pursuit of Happiness by Douglas Kennedy came from Atria.
A sweeping tale of creative people torn apart by McCarthyism, this one sounds like it has the makings of a book that will keep me turning pages long after my light should be turned out.

The Dressmaker by Posie Graeme-Evans came from Atria.
Even though I dress like I belong on the show What Not to Wear, I am completely fascinated by fashion, especially historical fashion so a novel with a main character who rises to become the pre-eminent dressmaker in 19th century London completely appeals to me.

As always, if you'd like to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit Julie of Knitting and Sundries as she is hosting this month's Mailbox Monday and Kristi at The Story Siren who hosts In My Mailbox and enjoy seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

6 comments:

  1. The Dressmaker looks and sounds really good. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your books. I got The Dressmaker, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I received The Dressmaker also. It think it looks like it should be pretty good. I'll be watching for your thoughts on the other book as well. It sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am jealous of everyone who has got The Dressmaker!

    Please visit my mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They both look great, but I really really want The Dressmaker! Enjoy!

    Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts