Sunday, November 1, 2009

Monday Mailbox

I have been a really good girl this week on the acquisition front. Not only did I avoid any and all trips to the bookstore, but I only received one book in the mail so my plan of not requesting more books until I am caught up is coming to fruition. Yay me! (Although a big sigh of relief that there was indeed one since I don't think I can go cold turkey.) This past week's mailbox arrival:

Surviving Paradise: One Year on a Disappearing Island by Peter Rudiak-Gould came from Anwesha at Sterling Publishing.
The combination of the fate of an island and the people and culture found on it was simply irresistable. I imagine it will be both funny and serious and I'm looking forward to diving into it as an armchair traveler.

As always, if you'd like to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit Marcia at The Printed Page and enjoy seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

10 comments:

  1. I'm with you, it's fun to get books in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound like a good one. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't gotten too many ARCs lately, but I've been snagging some giveaways wins and buying books, so I'm not sure the ban on getting more books is working. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Surviving Paradise sounds like a wonderful read. Funny & interesting memoirs are my favorite genre.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'll check this one out and maybe put it on my WL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes - it does sound like an interesting book - hope it is wonderful!

    Here's my Mailbox! ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is hard to go cold turkey but I've been cutting back too. There's so many things I want to read but so much I already have! Enjoy your book and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I am offered a book my fingers have already e-mailed a positive reply before I know it. They have a mind of their own, I swear, LOL! Luckily the TBR review pile is only one shelf big right now- the other two are my wins and purchases :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your new book!

    I told my husband on Wed. that I was relieved I hadn't received any books and that I wouldn't have a mailbox post for next week. Then I ended up getting some packages on Thurs. LOL

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts