Monday, November 16, 2009

Monday Mailbox

As expected last week, this week found a much emptier mailbox for me. But what I lost in quantity, I made up for in quality. Oh, and I was rather unfortunately bad at the bookstore too so don't feel too badly for me about having such a lonely mailbox week (and please don't tell my husband about my lapse either). ;-) This past week's mailbox arrivals:

Tender Graces by Kathryn Magendie came from Deb at Belle Bridge Books.
I really lurve Southern fiction. And I heart fiction about coming home. So fiction that is a Southern coming home? What's not to love? And double bonus that the author is a North Carolina author I can spotlight for my stop on the Literary Road Trip.

Also in my mailbox this week was a beautiful, handmade, ribbon and beaded bookmark from Laura at I'm Booking It. I can't begin to explain how much I love bookmarks so winning this from Laura was just fantastic. That it's totally gorgeous is just icing on the cake.


As always, if you'd like to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit Marcia at The Printed Page and enjoy seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

13 comments:

  1. Lovely bookmark and love the cover of Tender Graces. My mailbox was sad for almost 3 weeks but it smiled finally the past week LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a Southern fiction fan - and what a beautiful book mark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bookmark is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous bookmark to go into your new tome. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anna at diary of an eccentric love Tender Graces. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bookmark is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! I won't tell your husband. I sometimes don't want to post my book acquisitions on my blog because then my husband will see them. He sees the books themselves, of course, but not all in one list where it looks like many. :-)

    Tender Graces sounds like a great book. I love the bookmark!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Serena's right...I did love that book. I hope you enjoy it, too. I'm looking forward to your review.

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  9. The book looks so good and the bookmark is beautiful! I'm going to make some of my own (when I get around to it), I love bookmarks too!

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts