Monday, October 5, 2015

Monday Mailbox

This past week's mailbox arrivals:

A Walk Across America by Peter Jenkins came from me to me.

My book club is reading this classic travelogue for November.

Bliss by Shay Mitchell and Michaela Blaney came from St. Martin's Press.

The story of three twenty-one year olds looking for Hollywood, riches, and love, this sounds like a pure guilty pleasure.

The Gift of Charm by Melissa Hill came from St. Martin's Griffin.

Charm bracelets have always fascinated me so this tale about a woman looking for the owner of a lost charm bracelet is very appealing.

The Drowning Lesson by Jane Shemilt came from Penguin.

Reading about the worst will keep my own children safe, right? That is why I choose to sometimes read books like this one where a family living abroad for a year stumbles into a nightmare: their young son is kidnapped before they return home. This should be an edge of your seat, sick to your stomach, can't put it down kind of read.

If you want to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit Mailbox Monday and have fun seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

6 comments:

  1. I read The Daughter by Jane Shemilt and didn't love it so I'll be interested to see what you think of The Drowning Lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have a nice variety of books lines up. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great selection! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THE GIFT OF CHARM looks good.

    THE DROWNING LESSON seems pretty frightening.

    ENJOY your reading week.

    A giveaway for A CURIOUS BEGINNING IS happening on my blog until October 7, then a giveaway for THE SILENT SISTER and also EVERYTHING SHE FORGOT beginning October 6.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your reads, they all look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Walk Across America looks really good!

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts