Friday, March 12, 2010
Ireland Reading Challenge
3 comments:
I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
This title makes me want to mimic monster truck commercials. MASSIVE, Massive, massive. BOOK, Book, book. GIVEAWAY, Giveaway, giveaway. ...
-
Cinco de Mayo is not the celebration of Mexican Independence. It's actually a regional celebration celebrating the victory of Mexican f...
-
I know, right? Two things. 1.) I am well aware that I am quite probably the last person on the planet to read this book and therefore you ...
-
Welcome to this month's Monday Mailbox , the meme started by Marcia and currently on tour around the internet. This month is my month t...
-
As the title might suggest, this is a very graphic memoir, by turns equally salacious and detached. The critics found it highbrow, claiming...
-
Read the synopsis: When Rebecca Brown goes to New Orleans to stay with her voodoo-obsessed aunt, she finds the beautiful city haunted by the...
-
I first read Kate Atkinson's Behind the Scenes at the Museum more than 20 years ago and was impressed by the creativity and writing ta...
-
It's still officially my unbirthday month at one of my online groups affiliated with On the Porch Swing , a great group if you are looki...
-
Thanks to the lovely folks at Hachette Books I am giving away three copies of The Little Giant of Aberdeen County by Tiffany Baker. This ...
-
Today being Black Friday and all, some of you are probably out scouring the stores for the best possible deals for the special people on you...
Hello from the west of Ireland. Spotted your blog. FYI: Niall and Christine wrote four books not three. So glad you liked the first one. You should try one of Niall's novels too! Or come to one our writing workshops. www.niallwilliams.com Best of luck with your Ireland Reading Challenge!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you're joining us!
ReplyDeleteI just checked out Niall Williams and Christine Breen's website and I think the books about their move from NY back to Ireland sound great! I have already ordered the first one - thanks for the recommendation!
ReplyDeleteI am reading Venetia Kelly too and will include it for the challenge. In honor of St. Patrick's day I am featuring reviews of books set in Ireland or by Irish authors this month - maybe you'll find some suggestions there for the challenge!