Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Book List Meme


Rebecca of Lost in Books has come up with a new meme that hits on one of my very favorite things in the whole world: lists. Here's what she says about it:

There is a different topic each week, which will be posted here.

You write a post on your own blog about the topic.

The post will be a list of 3 books pertaining to the topic. So, for example, if the topic were, say, 3 Books That Make You Want to Go Shopping, you would write a list of 3 books that when you read them made you want to max out your credit card. I have no idea what those books would be, but you get the picture.

You may include photos with your lists, especially if that helps illustrate your point.

You link back to the week's post here on Lost in Books in your post so if someone else wants to play, they can find their way here.

Then you come here and leave your link in the Mr. Linky so other people can find your post and your list!


This week the challenge is to list three books whose titles made you laugh out loud when you first read them. In cruising my shelves, I found:

1. Sleeping With Your Gynecologist by Marc Jaffe

2. I Should Have Seen It Coming When the Rabbit Died by Teresa Bloomingdale

3. The Island of the Sequined Love Nun by Christopher Moore (really almost any title by Christopher Moore, sick genius that he is)

And because I can't ever stick to the rules and limit myself (plus #2 doesn't have a picture), a bonus fourth:

4. The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists by Gideon Defoe (and the book is totally hilarious, I might add)

6 comments:

  1. LOL Love "Island of the Sequined Love Nun!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Island of the Sequined Love Nun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fun idea! I'll have to check it out next week.
    Alayne - The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read your post and had to link to a book I did a review of a while back: "The Sex Lives of Cannibals" http://www.nonfictionbookreview.com/2009/04/27/sex-lives-cannibals-adrift-equatorial-pacific-maarten-troost/ I don't think I actually laughed outloud when I first saw that title; I did, however, gasp in horror. To make up for that, the book was side-splittingly funny.

    If you go read it because of this comment: You're welcome. You aren't going to read a book that funny again for a very long time.

    Hava

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so right about Christopher Moore titles! I think my other favorite is The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of those titles made me laugh! Thanks for participating, Kristen!

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts