Monday, September 7, 2009

It's Monday! What Are You Reading This Week?


This meme is hosted by J. Kaye at J. Kaye's Book Blog. I didn't get much read this week and managed to review even fewer books. This means my tbr piles increased by 15 books (oops!) and my review backlog now numbers 22. Here's hoping that this coming week sees those numbers head in a better direction!

Books I completed this week are:

A Guide to the Birds of East Africa by Nicholas Drayson
Appassionata by Eva Hoffman
Ruined by Paula Morris

Bookmarks are still living in the middle of:

The Far Pavilions by M.M. Kaye
The Big Rock Candy Mountain by Wallace Stegner
A Lady's Life in the Rocky Mountains by Isabella Bird
Atmospheric Disturbances by Rivka Galchen
Divided Lives by Elsa Walsh
The Brandons by Angela Thirkell
Terra Incognita by Sarah Wheeler
Dragon House by John Shors
The Shakespeare Stealer by Gary Blackwood

Reviews posted this week:

The Rogue and the Rival by Maya Rodale

Although I didn't read or review much, I did come up with a new weekly feature called Saturday Shout-Out so anyone wanting to join in and start enabling others even more than you do already, check back here on the eponymous Saturdays to play along.

6 comments:

  1. LOL sorry I did giggle with your statement about backlog of 22 reviews. I don't feel quite so bad now, I am always, always behind in reviews.
    Happy reading and catching up with reviews.
    Here's my post

    ReplyDelete
  2. None of the books you've mentioned are familiar. I'm going to check some out now.
    Hope you catch up on the review backlog - i know what that feels like. I've given up trying to keep count.
    here's mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. My TBR list is ever increasing as well. I thought I was back logged, now I do not feel so badly! Your books all look very interesting. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on them.
    My list is here: http://rundpinne.blogspot.com/2009/09/what-are-you-reading-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wished I'd learned out Saturday Shout-Out before I purchased my new software...lol! I still might join in though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't recognize any of the books you've listed.. but that's awesome. It means I am going to have to check them out for myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're in the middle of so many books!!! I see a Stegner on the list. That reminds me of my goal to read Angle of Repose this winter. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts