Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday

I haven't played along with this meme yet but I found a book that I am really looking forward to (not that there frequently aren't many I'm looking forward to, but I seem to be able to highlight them other ways). In any case, this meme is hosted by Breaking the Spine and is meant to highlight some great pre-publication books we all can't wait to get our grubby little mitts on.
For me, I can't wait to read: The Life You've Imagined by Kristina Riggle. Due out August 17th from Avon, the author's website says this about the book:

Are you living the life you imagined? Is there anything you’d have done differently if you could? Those are the questions asked in Kristina Riggle’s unforgettable new novel.

In high school, Cami and Anna were as close as they could be...now, years later, both have returned to their hometown to face the people they had once left behind. Anna must confront her mother, still distraught over the abandonment of her husband, and come to terms with choices she had made years before. While Cami returns home to stay with her alcoholic father, she uncovers a secret he sought to keep which could change her life and salvage her future. They reconnect with their classmate, Amy, who can't understand why achieving the thin body and handsome man of her dreams hasn't given her the happily-ever-after she desired. This is a novel that digs deep and touches the heart of the issues so many women face-the quest for perfection, the hope of love, the value of family and importance of always striving for your dream.


What the website doesn't say is that the hometown is a beachfront town on Lake Superior in Michigan. I know Lake Superior. I've been to Lake Superior. I am immediately drawn to books set by the lakes in Michigan. (Lake Huron is even better but I'll take Lake Superior if I must.) And so this one immediately jumped onto my wish list. Too bad it doesn't release until after I get home from my vacation up there, missing by only about 10 days. But perhaps this is one I can read after my exile return from the northland to recall my happy, hazy days up there.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great summer book. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

    BTW...sorry you did not love Little Bee, as much as me:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm adding this to my tbr list. Nice pick, Kristen. I live along Lake Michigan so I also love books written along one of the Great Lakes. I have another book by Riggle on my tbr list (for my summer challenge).

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOLD! This one looks like a great read...so glad you're participating!

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts