Monday, June 28, 2010

Monday Mailbox

Last week's post showed a huge embarrassment of riches. Luckily this week's is slightly more manageable although no less appealing. This past week's mailbox arrivals:

Safe From the Sea by Peter Geye came from Unbridled Books.
Great Lakes? Check. Boat sinking? Check. No, this is not the tale of my summer last summer. It's part of the premise of this book about a father and son trying to reconnect. I can't wait!

All Over the Map by Laura Fraser came from Harmony Books.
A memoir by a travel writer which incorporates not only her travel but also her search for the life she wants to build, this follow-up to An Italian Affair looks fabulous.

Semper Cool by Barry Fixler came from Exalt Press.
A Vietnam memoir, this was offered to all participants in the War Through the Generations Challenge. And as hard as reading first person accounts of the terrors of war are, this one is billed as having humor too so that should make this very worthwhile and readable.

A Scattered Life by Karen McQuestion came from the author.
With a main character who works in a bookstore, this book about three women, their lives, and family sounds like a read with which I will definitely identify. Can't wait!

The Hundred-Foot Journey by Richard Morais came from Scribner.
A kitchen fiction, what's not appealing about the story of an Indian boy who moves to France and becomes a chef? I suspect this one will have me salivating as I read along but that's totally okay by me!

As always, if you'd like to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit Marcia at The Printed Page and Kristi at The Story Siren and enjoy seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

9 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your thoughts on Semper Cool. And that Unbridled Books cover is, as always, gorgeous! Enjoy your new books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm interested in your reviews so I'll be checking back! have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you enjoy your books. I have safe from the sea as well. Semper cool sounds like it will be a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All these books look so good - especially The Hundred-Foot Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luurve your mailbox - especially The Hundred Foot Journey and A Scattered Life - have to add them immediately to my wishlist :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Hundred Foot Journey sounds very good. I live near one of the Great Lakes so I may have to read Safe From The Sea. You had a great mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Safe From the Sea looks good! No books for me this week, but I've got a copy of Captivity to give away over on my blog if you'd like to stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore travel memoirs and this one looks really good. Enjoy your reading week.

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts