Monday, June 28, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

Since I am certainly not getting ahead of the books coming in, at least I want to keep to a consistent level with the reading and reviewing. See how well, I did, she asks sarcastically? On the other hand, this gives me something else to do this week as I get ready for vacation and I need to escape the packing. This meme is hosted by Sheila at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books.

Books I completed this week are:

Hector and the Search for Happiness by Francois Lelord
The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender
The Quickening by Michelle Hoover
Molly Fox's Birthday by Deirdre Madden
Honolulu by Alan Brennert

Bookmarks are still living in the middle of:

The Far Pavilions by M.M. Kaye
Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens
Great Lakes Nature by Mary Blocksma (this is going to take me all year as I read her year's entries on the corresponding days of this year)
The Secret Confessions of Anne Shakespeare by Arliss Ryan
Daughter of the Queen of Sheba by Jackie Lyden

Reviews posted this week:

Secret Lives of Husbands and Wives by Josie Brown
Blame by Michelle Huneven
Sphdz Book #1: Spaceheadz by Jon Scieszka and Francesco Sedita

Books still needing to have reviews written (as opposed to the ones that are simply awaiting posting):

On Folly Beach by Karen White
Cheap Cabernet by Cathie Beck
Nothing But Ghosts by Beth Kephart
How to Tame a Modern Rogue by Diana Holmquist
Street Gang by Michael Davis
Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
The Outside Boy by Jeanine Cummins
Bite Me by Christopher Moore
Old World Daughter, New World Mother by Maria Laurino
South Beach Sizzle by Suzanne Weyn and Diana Gonzalez
Look at Me Now by Thomas Hubschman
Water Wings by Kristen den Hartog
The Blessings of the Animals by Katrina Kittle
A Certain "Je Ne Sais Quoi" by Chloe Rhodes
Still Love in Strange Places by Beth Kephart
Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty
Secret Lives of Husbands and Wives by Josie Brown
The Last Rendevous by Anne Plantagenet
Hector and the Search for Happiness by Francois Lelord
The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender
The Quickening by Michelle Hoover
Molly Fox's Birthday by Deirdre Madden
Honolulu by Alan Brennert

9 comments:

  1. Five books in one week rocks! You are a prolific reader, especially considering the kids are out of school. ;-)

    http://laughingstars.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 books read and 3 reviews that's pretty good, says she who only read 1 and reviewed 1 LOL (but I do have 6 or so to do ... oh well who's counting)
    Love the title of this book, The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake, even though I have no idea what it's about.
    Happy reading and reviewing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a good week you got there and am hoping that the trend for this week will be even better! Have a great day =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5 books is quite a great reading week, last week.

    I have to say I haven't heard of the books that you are reading but I can't wait to see what you think :)

    ~Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to review loads as well, so you're not alone! Happy reading!
    http://bookreviews.me.uk/its-monday-3/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great week. Can't wait for you review of The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake - it's a fantastic title! (BTW, I know nothing about the book, just love the title!)
    Check out my Monday at kyliesreads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake - What a funny title for a book! :) I hope it's a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every week I see you post this and every week I think that I should start posting mine too, but then after it's identical for weeks in a row it wouldn't be so interesting!

    That said, I at least wish I'd write the reviews I'm behind on before I forget the books!

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts