Monday, June 3, 2013

Monday Mailbox

This past week's mailbox arrivals:

Me on the Floor, Bleeding by Jenny Jagerfeld came from Stockholm Text.

Definitely not my usual genre but sometimes it's good to push yourself out of the usual, this is a YA book which has won awards in Sweden about a girl who is really hurting (above and beyond the fact that she's sawn off the tip of her thumb).

If you'd like to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit Dolce Bellezza as she is hosting this month's Mailbox Monday and have fun seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

6 comments:

  1. That cover totally rocks; enough to make even me think about getting it. Maybe I can get it for my daughter's birthday and read it when she's done! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ENJOY your book.

    I didn't post a Mailbox Monday this week. I am not home yet. Will be heading home tomorrow from the BEA. I am just checking out everyone's mailboxes. :)

    I do have a review of THE TIME BETWEEN by Karen White posted this morning.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got that one too. I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your books! - I am a new follower of your blog. Please stop by when you get a chance. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kristen,

    Quite a few other bloggers seem to have received this book for review, although I can find precious few details about either book or author out there in the public domain.

    The limited synopsis is rather intriguing and this is the first time I have seen the English version cover art, which is great and sure to get noticed!

    I hope that you enjoy this one and I look forward to your review.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds interesting and the cover's great. The last Swedish book I read was 'The One Hundred Year Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared' which was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts