Monday, June 24, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

As I get ready to start my summer travels, first to my daughter's dance competition and then to our family cottage, I have been reading and reviewing quite a bit.  I know that I won't be caught up on my backlog before I leave (and reading books faster certainly doesn't lighten the load of books I'll take with me both places because I'll just add new options into the pile instead, of course) but it will mean I have fewer books to bring in order to review them and that's a good thing all the way around!  This meme is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

Books I completed this past week are:

David by Ray Robertson
The Other Typist by Suzanne Rindell
Sinners and the Sea by Rebecca Kanner
The Execution of Noa P. Singleton by Elizabeth L. Silver

Bookmarks are still living in the middle of:

Better Than Fiction edited by Don George
Together Tea by Marjan Kamali

Reviews posted this week:

Big Brother by Lionel Shriver
Ready Player One by Ray Robertson
Nowhere Is a Place by Bernice McFadden
Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal by Jeannette Winterson
Replacement Child by Judy L. Mandel

Books still needing to have reviews written (as opposed to the ones that are simply awaiting posting):

A Dog Walks Into a Nursing Home by Sue Halpern
Schroder by Amity Gaige
The World's Strongest Librarian by Josh Hanagarne
Whistling Past the Graveyard by Susan Crandall
Call Me Zelda by Erika Robuck
The Book of Someday by Dianne Dixon
Someone by Alice McDermott
Surprising Lord Jack by Sally MacKenzie
Love All by Callie Wright
David by Ray Robertson
The Other Typist by Suzanne Rindell
Sinners and the Sea by Rebecca Kanner
The Execution of Noa P. Singleton by Elizabeth L. Silver

13 comments:

  1. Looks like we're reading a lot of the same books. Good luck on your travels this summer and catching up on your lists!

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course, together tea, caught my eye =)
    HapPy reading and bringng down that review stack !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of great reading, wow, sometimes the reading is more beneficial than the reviewing, more personal benefit anyway :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice assortment of books. I am curious as to what you thought of The Execution of Noa P. Singleton. I have been wanting to read that and it's on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to reading The Book of Someday. Just received a copy this week. Here’s my POST. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow and I thought my pile of five books needing reviews written was going to be a slog! So many books on your list/s that I'm curious about, and a few I definitely want to read - especially Big Brother.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been popping by a few blogs and being from the UK I don't recognise any of the authors I am seeing - need to investigate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd like to see your thoughts on Together Tea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see what you think about The Other Typist by Suzanne Rindell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you have alot of reading to keep you busy. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great week of reading for you.

    PLEASE write me about your thoughts on THE OTHER TYPIST. I loved the book, but it is driving me crazy. :) I see you have a review upcoming, I will be looking forward to your review.

    ENJOY your week!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  12. I look forward to readin what you though of Sinners and the Sea. It is one waiting to be read on my shelf. Happy Reading!
    Here is my Monday post.

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts