Monday, June 10, 2013

Monday Mailbox

This past week's mailbox arrivals:

The President's Hat by Antoine Laurain came from Meryl Zegarek Public Relations, Inc.

I love the premise of this novel: that President Mitterand's hat, inadvertently left behind in a restaurant, goes from person to person and brings the wearer success.

The Suicide Shop by Jean Teule came from Meryl Zegarek Public Relations, Inc.

A family which runs a suicide shop is stymied when one of its members develops a love for life, this sounds strange and funny and completely different.

Love Potion Number 10 by Betsy Woodman came from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

The second in the Jana Bibi series, I adored the first book and can't wait to get back to the delightful escapades of an eccentric English woman living in an Indian hill town.

The Wishing Hill by Holly Robinson came from Kayleigh at New American Library.

A woman who followed a man and her dream of being an artist to Mexico only to end up divorced and selling watercolors on the beach goes home again to care for her mother.  While there, she examines her life and choices as she faces her future. Doesn't this sound good?

Marilyn's Red Diary by E. Z. Friedel came from Meryl L. Moss Media Relations, Inc.

Marilyn Monroe, Arthur Miller, and the Kennedys. What's not intriguing about this fictional set of diaries?!

If you'd like to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit Dolce Bellezza as she is hosting this month's Mailbox Monday and have fun seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

5 comments:

  1. I want to read the Jana Bibi series! Enjoy the books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all new to me, but I think The Wishing Hill is the one I'd most want to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I just found new books to add to my list! Enjoy your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all look very good. I love the cover of The Suicide Shop.

    ENJOY!!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts