Monday, June 10, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

I have been in Nashville for the national meeting of the Women's National Book Association so ironically enough, I haven't gotten as much reading and reviewing done as I might have otherwise. I have, however, been lucky enough to be involved with continuing to shape this fantastic organization both nationally and in my new position as the Charlotte chapter President so I have been immersed deeply in the book world even if it hasn't been directly in books. This meme is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

Books I completed this past week are:

The Book of Someday by Dianne Dixon
Someone by Alice McDermott
Surprising Lord Jack by Sally MacKenzie

Bookmarks are still living in the middle of:

Better Than Fiction edited by Don George
A Far Piece to Canaan by Sam Halpern
Love All by Callie Wright

Reviews posted this week:

A Half Forgotten Song by Katherine Webb

Books still needing to have reviews written (as opposed to the ones that are simply awaiting posting):

The One-Way Bridge by Cathie Pelletier
Float by JoeAnn Hart
Nowhere Is a Place by Bernice L. McFadden
Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal? by Jeannette Winterson
Replacement Child by Judy Mandel
A Dog Walks Into a Nursing Home by Sue Halpern
Schroder by Amity Gaige
The World's Strongest Librarian by Josh Hanagarne
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
Whistling Past the Graveyard by Susan Crandall
Call Me Zelda by Erika Robuck
The Book of Someday by Dianne Dixon
Someone by Alice McDermott
Surprising Lord Jack by Sally MacKenzie

3 comments:

  1. The World's Strongest Librarian looks really good, I'll be interested to see what you say about that one. I haven't heard of a lot of your books, but will be looking them up soon. Thanks!

    The Monster Report

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll watch for your review of Someone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see your review of THE BOOK OF SOMEDAY and THE ONE-WAY BRIDGE. Picked them both up at the BEA. Love the moose on the bridge book. :)

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday!! What are You Reading?

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts