Monday, October 19, 2009

It's Monday! What Are You Reading This Week?


This meme is hosted by J. Kaye at J. Kaye's Book Blog. OK, it may look like I've been at my slack review-less best again but I have written more reviews than I've posted. I am just anal retentive enough to need the reviews to come out in the order in which I read the books (with a few stress inducing exceptions, I might add). So despite appearances, I am doing much better on the reviews, writing them as soon as I finish a book. I'm actually back down (pitiful to use this term, isn't it?) to a grand total of 22 books to review at the moment. Now if the front end of the logjam would loosen up, all would be good!

Books I completed this week are:

The Recipe Club by Andrea Israel and Nancy Garfinkel
Atmospheric Disturbances by Rivka Galchen
The Imposter's Daughter by Laurie Sandell
Weekends at Bellevue by Julie Holland
Divided Lives by Elsa Walsh
The Longest Trip Home by John Grogan

Bookmarks are still living in the middle of:

The Far Pavilions by M.M. Kaye
Terra Incognita by Sarah Wheeler
Blue Highways by William Least Heat Moon
The Shape of Mercy by Susan Meissner

Reviews posted this week:

The Unit by Ninni Holmqvist
In a Perfect World by Laura Kasischke
That Summer by Sarah Dessen
Cost by Roxana Robinson
My Horizontal Life by Chelsea Handler

11 comments:

  1. WOW you read 6 books and reviewed 5 books. Well done! Look forward to reading your review on The Recipe Club.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Fabulous week!
    Jennifer
    http://rundpinne.blogspot.com/2009/10/what-are-you-reading-mondays.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of these titles. Hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got to read "The Far Pavillions" by MM Kaye. Today I will at least take it off the shelf. I could start it for the Readathon. I'll think about it.

    http://readwithtea.blogspot.com/2009/10/what-are-you-reading-on-mondays.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great reading week! And 5 reviews posted in one week is pretty darn good.

    Here's my Monday Round Up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had a great reading week! I really should check out The Imposter's Daughter I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great week for reading and reviews. I have the Recipe Club on my pile so I can't wait to see your review. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done on getting so many reviews done, that's seriously awesome!! I'm looking forward to your reviews on The Recipe Club and The Imposter's Daughter. Off to check out your Sarah Dessen review. Keep up the good work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, thats a whole lot of books. 5 reviews is 4 more than i can manage to get done in a week :-)

    I haven't heard of any of these authors other than Sarah Dessen, so going to check the books and your reviews out now

    here's my post

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That's a very impressive week for you! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts