Monday, October 12, 2009

It's Monday! What Are You Reading This Week?


This meme is hosted by J. Kaye at J. Kaye's Book Blog. I read a lot this past week but seemed to have a massive review block. Every time I sat down to write one, I found myself surfing the net, checking e-mail, and poking around on Facebook instead of writing any reviews. So I'm further behind than ever. ::sigh:: I think I need to be nagged again because I really do want to catch up on the reviews.

Books I completed this week are:

The Big Rock Candy Mountain by Wallace Stegner
Me, Chi and Bruce Lee by Brian Preston
The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall
Pink Slip Party by Cara Lockwood
Still Alice by Lisa Genova
Lift by Rebecca O'Connor
100 Shades of White by Preethi Nair

Bookmarks are still living in the middle of:

The Far Pavilions by M.M. Kaye
Atmospheric Disturbances by Rivka Galchen
Divided Lives by Elsa Walsh
Terra Incognita by Sarah Wheeler
Blue Highways by William Least Heat Moon

Reviews posted this week:

No Mad by Sam Moffie
East of the Mountains by David Guterson
Benny and Shrimp by Katarina Mazetti

12 comments:

  1. I am always amased by how much reading you are able to do. :) Mine is here: http://rundpinne.blogspot.com/2009/10/what-are-you-reading-monday_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did you think of the Stegner book? I've read a couple of his but not this title. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you had a really good reading week. I haven't read any of those, but they all look good.

    Here's my Monday Round Up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I'm amazed at how many books that you can read in a week. I LOVED "Still Alice" and am looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heard so many great things about Still Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be interested in how you liked The Penderwicks; I liked it and the second one (hard not to, as a rabbit owner!) I tagged you today, if you care to play.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for being such a wish list enabler Kristen! How did I miss The Recipe Club?

    BTW, I have your birthday month books packaged and ready to go and forgot it was a "holiday" today so they'll go out tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had a great reading week! I wish I could get that much done -- every time I sit down with a book my kids show up -- they have radars built in I just know it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Big Rock Candy Mountain...I found three of Stegner's books to be so amazingly well written that I've been afraid to try Mountain; I do not want to be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did have a wonderful reading week, now time to do some reviews!

    I've been in touch with Alaine, hopefully she'll pop in with the whip to encourage you to do some reviews lol. I'm off to check out your review of Benny & Shrimp.

    Here's my post

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kristen, fantastic, you read 7 books in a week! Now, I noticed that you reviewed books that you read back in August.

    So now for the nagging! A couple of weeks ago you reviewed 6 books in a week. You are a fantastic reader and reviewer you just need to find a way to keep up. Now here is what I suggest. Review all the books you read from now on first, then slowly work on your back list, but go backwards. This will help you establish a pattern of reading and reviewing, then you can worry about the older reviews that need to be done.

    So that's my nagging, stop by my blog and let me know how you're doing, and give me an update! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts