Monday, June 24, 2019

Monday Mailbox

Look at this spectacular haul! Hoping to get some of these sooner rather than later. This past week's mailbox arrivals:

Peculiar Questions and Practical Answers by the New York Public Library came from St. Martin's Griffin.

I do enjoy books of trivia and this one should be fantastic.

The Nobodies by Liza Palmer came from Flatiron Books.

A tale of a woman who reinvents herself and in doing so might have found the thing that brings her back to the core of who she was. This sounds so good, right?

The Grammarians by Cathleen Schine came from Sarah Crichton Books.

Two language obsessed sisters who fight over the family heirloom dictionary? Oh my! I couldn't find a book more perfectly written for me.

This Is Happiness by Niall Williams came from Bloomsbury Publishing.

Williams writes beautifully so I'm really looking forward to reading this one about rain stopping in western Ireland, a small town, and a woman who arrives in the town to try to find her long lost love.

The Man That Got Away by Lynne Truss came from Bloomsbury Publishing.

I do love Truss' books so I am tickled to have the latest of the Constable Twitten mysteries.

The Girl Who Reads on the Metro by Christine Feret-Fleury came from Flatiron Books

I think I want to be the main character in this book! She meets a secondhand bookseller and his daughter and becomes a passeur for him, taking books out into the world to try and match them up with people. Sounds completely delightful, doesn't it?!

If you want to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit Mailbox Monday and have fun seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts