Monday, November 19, 2018

Monday Mailbox

This past week's mailbox arrivals:

In Another Time by Jillian Cantor came from LibraryThing Early Reviewers and Harper Perennial.

Cantor writes really cool novels so I'm really looking forward to this one about a bookshop owner and Jewish, rising concert violinist who fall in love before WWII but who are somehow separated by the war.

Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah came from me for myself.

A book club choice for the coming year, I do have a fascination with Russia so I hope this one about mothers and daughters will hold my interest.

The Fated Sky by Mary Robinette Kowal came from me for myself.

I read the first Lady Astronaut book on my friend C.'s advice and although I generally drive a wide berth around science fiction, especially so called hard sci-fi, I loved it and couldn't wait to get my hands on the second book.

The Spinster and the Duke by Anne Stuart came from me for myself.

I like historical romance and I like to support indie presses and this one sounds like a quick, enjoyable read.

If you want to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit Mailbox Monday and have fun seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts