Sunday, September 13, 2015

Sunday Salon: Summer Is Officially Over and So Is My Summer Reading

My oldest child has been off at college for three weeks. My younger two have been back at school for three weeks also. Labor Day was this past Monday. Pools all over the area have closed for the season. My WNBA meetings have started back up again. All of this means that, despite the continued high temps here in the sunny South, summer is officially over. So now it's time to check in and see how I managed to do on my overly ambitious summer reading list. There is little rhyme or reason to what I managed to read and what I didn't (except to me) but based on the original list, here's my tally:

Finished reading from the original list (link to my review if applicable):

Worthy by Catherine Ryan Hyde
Sweet Salt Air by Barbara Delinsky
Washing the Dead by Michelle Brafman
George's Grand Tour by Caroline Vermalle
The Year of the Flood by Margaret Atwood
Eight Hundred Grapes by Laura Dave
In a Dark Wood by Joseph Luzzi
Love Maps by Eliza Factor
The Door by Magda Szabo
Ferris Beach by Jill McCorkle
The Appetites of Girls by Pamela Moses
The Wolf Border by Sarah Hall
Whisper Beach by Shelley Noble
Summer Secrets by Jane Green
It's You by Jane Porter
Etta and Otto and Russell and James by Emma Hooper
Newport by Jill Morrow
Maybe in Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid
When the Moon Is Low by Nadia Hashimi
The Road Home by Kathleen Shoop
Crooked Heart by Lissa Evans
This Must Be the Place by Kate Racculia
The Invisibles by Cecelia Galante
Stepdog by Nicole Galland
The Reinvention of Albert Paugh by Jean Davies Okimoto
Anchored by Bridgette Quinn
Making Nice by Matt Sumell
Miss Hazel and the Rosa Parks League by Jonathan Odell
Without You, There Is No Us by Suki Kim
Spinster by Kate Bolick
Secrets of a Charmed Life by Susan Meissner
Lost Canyon by Nina Revoyr
The Seven Stages of Anger and Other Stories by Wendy J. Fox
All My Puny Sorrows by Miriam Toews
Bread Alone by Judith Hendricks
The Race For Paris by Meg Waite Clayton
Fishbowl by Bradley Somer
Satisfaction by Andee Reilly
Beneath the Bonfire by Nickolas Butler
Baker's Blues by Judith Hendricks
White Dresses by Mary Pflum Peterson
A Window Opens by Liz Egan
Miss Dreamsville and the Lost Heiress of Collier County by Amy Hill Hearth
Little Woman in Blue by Jeannine Atkins
All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
Our Endless Numbered Days by Claire Fuller

Finished reading but not on the original list:

Migratory Animals by Mary Helen Specht
Balm by Dolen Perkins-Valdez
Girl in Glass by Deanna Fei
Orphan Number 8 by Kim van Alkemade
Make Your Home Among Strangers by Jennine Capo Crucet
Did You Ever Have a Family by Bill Clegg
Landfall by Ellen Urbani
Henna House by Nomi Eve
The Coincidence of Coconut Cake by Amy Reichert
The Woman in the Photograph by Dana Gynther
The Baker's Apprentice by Judith Ryan Hendricks
On the Rocks by Erin Duffy
X Marks the Scot by Victoria Roberts
Two Across by Jeff Bartsch

Still has a bookmark in it:

Welcome to Braggsville by T. Geronimo Johnson

Just didn't get to 'em but will eventuallly:

Best Boy by Eli Gottlieb
Orhan's Inheritance by Aline Ohanesian
Famous Baby by Karen Rizzo
The Nurses by Alexandra Robbins
A God in Ruins by Kate Atkinson
Bitter Greens by Kate Forsyth
Letters to the Lost by Iona Grey
Circling the Sun by Paula McLain

How did you do with your summer reading this year?

4 comments:

  1. IMPRESSIVE!
    I hope your fall continues to be literary :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So where were all the places you went this summer and where are you going this week? :) I am heading to India this week in the 1830s and learning about the Thuggee cult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You read a ton of books! My summer reading was nonexistent since I have a new baby. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts