Monday, September 19, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

Well, an appalling week in terms of books for me. Ah well! This meme is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

Books I completed this past week are:

The Grief of Others by Leah Hager Cohen
River House by Sarahlee Lawrence
The Sea Captain's Wife by Beth Powning
The Last River Child by Lori Ann Bloomfield

Bookmarks are still living in the middle of:

Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens
The Vagabond by Colette
Let the Great World Spin by Colm McCann
Saved by the Sea by David Helvarg

Reviews posted this week:

The Grief of Others by Leah Hager Cohen

Books still needing to have reviews written (as opposed to the ones that are simply awaiting posting):

The Silver Boat by Luanne Rice
Twelve by Twelve by William Powers
Amaryllis in Blueberry by Christina Meldrum
The Wedding Cake War by Lynna Banning
Dance Lessons by Aine Greaney
Blood, Bones, and Butter by Gabrielle Hamilton
The Paperbark Shoe by Goldie Goldbloom
Someone Will Be With You Shortly by Lisa Kogan
The Art of Saying Goodbye by Ellyn Bache
When the Killing's Done by T.C. Boyle
The First Husband by Laura Dave
Joy for Beginners by Erica Bauermeister
The Mystery of the Third Lucretia by Susan Runholt
Next by James Hynes
Spanish Holiday by Kate Cann
The Little Woman Letters by Gabrielle Donnelly
Left Neglected by Lisa Genova
To Be Sung Underwater by Tom McNeal
Silver Sparrow by Tayari Jones
The Oracle of Stamboul by Michael David Lukas
Baby Don't Go by Susan Andersen
The Summer Without Men by Siri Hustvedt
Unsaid by Neil Abramson
The Soldier's Wife by Margaret Leroy
Harvest by Catherine Landis
The Sweetness of Tears by Nafisa Haji
The Dry Grass of August by Anna Jean Mayhew
Birds of Paradise by Diana Abu-Jaber
Don't Kill the Birthday Girl by Sandra Beasley
The Evil B. B. Chow and Other Stories by Steve Almond
Withering Tights by Louise Rennison
Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight by Alexandra Fuller
True Love and Other Disasters by Rachel Gibson
The Winters in Bloom by Lisa Tucker
The Embers by Hyatt Bass
Valeria's Last Stand by Marc Fitten
The Watery Part of the World by Michael Parker
River House by Sarahlee Lawrence
The Sea Captain's Wife by Beth Powning
The Last River Child by Lori Ann Bloomfield

5 comments:

  1. I received The Grief of Others this week...looking forward to it.

    I've also been wanting to read The Silver Boat...and Left Neglected is on my Kindle.

    Enjoy your week!

    Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see a lot of people reading The Grief Of Others... is it good? The title frightens me a bit... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's quite a list of books you need to review! I really enjoyed TC Boyle's When the Killing's Done. I haven't read most of the others, but enjoy almost anything by Dickens. Bleak House is next on my Dickens' TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Read much? Write less? Ah, well. Reading is the joy and bane of our existence. Great selection this week! Check out mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is quite the list of unreviewed books! Good luck tackling that!

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts