Monday, September 12, 2011

Monday Mailbox

As I slowly work back into my regular life again (and yes, it is a wildly slow transition for me), books have started to trickle in again as well. This past week's mailbox arrival:

The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach came from Little, Borwn and Company..
I was never so happy as when both of my boys decided that baseball wasn't for them anymore because I find watching it akin to watching the grass grow. So go figure that a book with baseball at its very core would intrigue me so much but this novel does just that.

Fiction Ruined My Family by Jeanne Darst came from Riverhead Books..
The memoir of a woman who emulated her alcoholic mother and writer father before finally having the courage to become herself despite her inheritance, this sounds totally entrancing.

As always, if you'd like to see the marvelous goodies in other people's mailboxes, make sure to visit Amused by Books as she is hosting this month's Mailbox Monday and have fun seeing how we are all doing our part to keep the USPS and delivery services viable.

9 comments:

  1. I've heard The Art of Fielding is amazing! I hope you love both of your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Art of Fielding has been getting a lot of good buzz- hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both new to me titles. I hope you enjoy them both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both new to me. I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fiction Ruined my Family does sound intriguing. Have a great week and enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The second one certainly caught my eye. Looking forward to your thoughts. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to your thoughts on The Art of Fielding!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Art of Feilding has been getting so much buzz. Can't wait to see what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts