Monday, November 5, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

A much better reviewing week this week, reading has been good too.  And life hasn't gotten any less busy, I've just found a better groove I guess!  But the biggest news is that I finally sat down and powered my way through a book that has been on my bedside table unfinished since the dawn of time for two years.  Yay me!  This meme is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

Books I completed this past week are:

Moranthology by Caitlin Moran
The Blue Notebook by James Levine
Turning Pages by Tristi Pinkston
And Now We Shall Do Manly Things by Craig Heimbuch
Let the Great World Spin by Colm McCann

Bookmarks are still living in the middle of:

nothing!
Reviews posted this week:

All Gone by Alex Witchel
My Scandalous Viscount by Gaelen Foley
Comet's Tale by Steven Wolf with Lynette Padwa
Valeria's Last Stand by Marc Fitten
Abdication by Juliet Nicolson

Books still needing to have reviews written (as opposed to the ones that are simply awaiting posting):

Triangles by Ellen Hopkins
How to Capture a Countess by Karen Hawkins
Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling
A Rural Affair by Catherine Alliott
Jane's Fame by Claire Harman
What You Wish For by Kerry Reichs
The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling
The Wilder Life by Wendy McClure
In the Sanctuary of Outcasts by Neil White
Losing My Sister by Judy Goldman
Jana Bibi's Excellent Fortunes by Betsy Woodman
Just Kids by Patti Smith
Forgotten by Catherine McKenzie
Heading Out to Wonderful by Robert Goolrick
The Little Bookstore of Big Stone Gap by Wendy Welch
The Summer Before the Storm by Gabriele Wills
Moranthology by Caitlin Moran
The Blue Notebook by James Levine
Turning Pages by Tristi Pinkston
And Now We Shall Do Manly Things by Craig Heimbuch
Let the Great World Spin by Colm McCann

14 comments:

  1. You finished a lot of books this week. I also read 5. No idea how that happened!

    Great that you finally finished a book that's been waiting 2 years to be read! :-)

    I hope you have another good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job finishing the book that took 2 years! You had a great week, hopefully this one will be the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since the dawn of time, ha! That cracked me up ;) I understand all too well!

    Have a great week of reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this title: And Now We Shall Do Manly Things! Can't wait to read what you thought of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kristen,

    It is good to know that I am not alone in having a stream of reviews to write up, I was beginning to get a complex about it, as everyone else appears to post reviews on an almost daily basis.

    I make copious notes about a book as I read it and keeping track of them all until I get the chance to review, is quite a challenge!

    I am disappointed that I don't get to read more often than I do, as I have a whole host of author reviews to read and I feel as though I am letting some of the writers down, with the lengthy delays.

    Time management isn't the problem I don't think .... lack of time is!!

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those lists are downright intimidating. Especially the list of books not yet reviewed--that's the one that always bogs me down. Do you ever post brief multiple reviews to just get some of those titles our of the way? I'm considering that myself...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You did put a huge dent in your TBR pile! Congratulations in tackling and conquering the two-year reading project of a book! I have some like that too!

    So glad you popped by My Bookshelf today! Have a terrific week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're doing great! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on finishing that book! I have quite a few reviews to get to myself. Good luck with those!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats ... 2 years, that's impressive lol and well done on the reviews!! The Casual Vacancy review must be up soon hey?? I'm reading The Summer Before the Storm, but only a few pages in.
    Have another great week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that's a list! I need to hunker down and get reading. I feel like such a slacker now :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, I feel stress just seeing your list!!! Good luck for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hah! My snarky remark made you finally finish Let the Great World Spin, eh? I just donated my unread copy to the Friends of the Library on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts