I was tagged by both Sassy Brit of Alternative-Read.com and Yvonne of Socrates' Book Reviews for this meme. I never knew so many people were interested in my clutter!
What's on your desk Wednesday? is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Sassy Brit of Alternative-Read.com. Check her blog out each Wednesday for the post titled What's on your desk Wednesday?
You can do one of two things or both!
Grab a camera and take a photo of your desk! Or anywhere you stack your books/TBR pile. And no tidying!
Add this photo to your blog.
Tag at least 5 people!
Come back here and leave a link back to your photo in comments.
List at least 5 BOOKISH things on your desk (I'm thinking your TBR pile or books you haven't shelved...)
List at least 5 NON BOOK things. (I'm thinking some of some of the more unusual items on your desk/table?)
Tag at least 5 people to do the same.
Come back here and leave your link, so we can come and visit your blog. Or add your answers in the comments if you don't have a blog.
I would love nothing more than to be able to take a picture of my desk and post it but I still haven't managed to replace the really good camera I sank this summer. ::sob:: And if you think it's bad not being able to photograph the disaster that is my desk, imagine not having a camera to photograph any of my kids' sports or big life events. ::sigh:: I should probably replace the camera before R.'s birthday in two weeks! But I digress (per usual). Given the lack of camera (maybe I'll take pics on one of the disposables I have hanging around and post them on down the road when I get the pictures back), I have to choose option two. So...
5 Bookish things on my desk:
1. 1/3 of the pile of books I've finished reading but not yet reviewed (the other 2/3 is beside the desk)
2. The last two review books that came in the mail (Viola in Reel Life and In a Perfect World).
3. Two Bookmarks magazines from which to cull more suggested reading
4. A nearly complete set of Mr. Putter and Tabby books (because we all love Mr. Putter here).
5. Asterix le Gauloise from my high school French class umpty-ump years ago.
5 Non-book things on my desk:
1. Two halves of a geode that was a wedding present from my old geology professor (it's the result of an old family joke where my mom--Hi mom!--mistakenly but excitedly called a geode a gonad in front of the whole football team in college and since we serendipitously went to the same college and had the same geology professor, the story has been shared far and wide--and now all over the world on the internet--Hi mom!)
2. One of the best ever Christmas card pictures of my three kids.
3. A small pottery jar from our honeymoon in Turkey.
4. Two toys impossible to explain without a photograph that I adored as a child.
5. A fragile wooden box my grandfather made for me when he was dying of cancer.
5 people I'm tagging (and since I am so late getting to this, perhaps they'll want to hold off until next Wednesday!):
1. Beth at Library Chicken
2. Lisa at Books Lists Life
3. Rebecca at Lost in Books
4. Deb at Readerbuzz
5. Kari at Another Book on the Stack