Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Have you missed me?


OK, so I know I've been posting a lot of book reviews and the like on here but for those of you who enjoy the little slices of my life, have you missed that part of the blog? I've decided that it's time to do another brief round-up of the weird stuff I post on Facebook, thereby giving you a small and quite messed-up glimpse into my personal life. Here are some recent status updates:

K. wonders if it is really necessary for the bus to come so early. Even the dog didn't want to get out of bed.

K. is pretty sure that just because it's Claymation doesn't make it appropriate for the kids. Especially since I just heard one character tell another to "grow a pair." Apparently must go censor now and act like a parent.

K. is off to git me a trailer hitch installed.

K. now has a minivan with a trailer hitch. Forget soccer mom, I'm officially a suburban red neck.

K. brought the sunfish home and made D. move his car out of the garage so the sailboat can move in and stay dry. There's probably something wrong with this thinking but I'll be darned if I can figure out what it is. ;-)

K. finds it interesting every morning to inspect the avant-garde shower door artwork. I guess everyone using my shower cuts down on showers to clean but couldn't they quit drawing in the steam?

K. thinks the fug of stinky boy(s) might be permanently embedded into the upholstery in my car.

K. heard The Steve Miller Band on the radio this afternoon in the car and she and D. were struck with an irrational desire to hop in the pool and start a 6 minute cruise.

K. wonders if the shot made my singing sound better or if I am just deluded because I apparently no longer have anything even resembling inhibitions.

K. wants to teach her children not to procrastinate so she had them write their summer reading projects ages ago with the promise she'd help them revise. Projects are due tomorrow and mom has given zero revision help. Oops. Do as I say, not as I do.

K. suspects her child is not so likeable to his classmates as he used to be. Friday's transgression: kneeing a child in the "privates" and slapping people on the playground.

K. just looked up the cast list for the Nutcracker. Miss R. is a party boy, a soldier, and a sweet. I think she'll be pleased.

K. may look pregnant but the only family member she's contemplating adding in the foreseeable future is another dog.

K. does not recommend dropping your contact in between the keys on your computer keyboard after mistakenly rubbing said contact out of your eye. I think I may have just blinded myself!

And that should be enough to tide you over for a long while, correct?! ::grin::

2 comments:

  1. Of course, I follow you on facebook too, so I was up to date on most of that. I spend most of my day stalking you. Doesn't everyone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can I find you on facebook?

    ReplyDelete

I have had to disable the anonymous comment option to cut down on the spam and I apologize to those of you for whom this makes commenting a chore. I hope you'll still opt to leave me your thoughts. I love to hear what you think, especially so I know I'm not just whistling into the wind here at my computer.

Popular Posts